|If you have any questions or concerns, please join the FactionFiles Community Discord for assistance. The FactionFiles Discord is also the place to go to participate in organized community game night events, and get help with anything else related to the Red Faction series.
|Click here to join the FactionFiles Community Discord
What is Dash Faction?
Dash Faction is a free and open source Red Faction game patch designed to fix original game bugs, improve compatibility with modern hardware and software, extend functionality, enhance graphics quality, and improve engine performance. Dash Faction has been in development since 2016 and is the most fully featured Red Faction patch ever released.
|Map / mod development
|Full Steam compatibility
|Autosave at the start of each level
|Higher tick rate
|Timer bug fixes
|Fixes for level editor bugs
|Modern OS/hardware compatibility
|Fixed submarine explosion bug
|Performance & stability improvements
|Fixes for critical security vulnerabilities
|Resolution/aspect ratio fixes
|High & widescreen resolution support
|Fixed other framerate-related bugs
|Improved map autodownloader
|Crash & other stability fixes
|Custom models for multiplayer maps
|Direct mouse input
|Enhanced campaign functionality
|Click-to-Join (rf:// protocol handler)
|Lightweight server console
|Raised editor/engine limits
|Anti-aliasing & anisotropic filtering
|Fixed cutscene synchronization
|Run map enhancements
|DDS texture support
|Higher FPS limit & configurable FOV
|Ability to skip cutscenes
|First person & free look spectate
|Expanded debug functionality
|High resolution HUD & vector fonts
|Widescreen & custom resolution support
|Additional configurable options
|Additional editor improvements
How do I get Dash Faction?
- Download and run the installer program from FactionFiles.com.
- Click the Next button until Select RF.exe location appears.
- Enter the path to your RF.exe file. The path will most likely be correct without you needing to change it. If it's blank or incorrect, click "Browse", and locate your RF.exe file inside your Red Faction folder. For Steam copies, this is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Red Faction\RF.exe and for retail copies, it's usually C:\games\RedFaction\RF.exe
- If a prompt appears stating "Detected Red Faction version is not directly supported by Dash Faction", click OK. The necessary patches will automatically be installed for you.
- Click the Next button until Select additional tasks appears.
- Keeping the default options selected on this page is recommended. If you are using a Steam copy of the game, you should also enable "Replace the Red Faction launcher with the Dash Faction launcher" to allow Dash Faction to be launched via Steam, make the Steam overlay work properly, and allow Steam to track your time spent playing Dash Faction.
- Click Install, then Finish
- The launcher will appear - go to Options and customize as you wish (but don't change Game executable).
- Launch the game from now on by opening DashFactionLauncher.exe and clicking Launch Game.
I'm having an issue or have questions, What do I do?
Join the FactionFiles community Discord and send a message in the #dashfaction-support channel, we'll give you a hand.
Our Discord is also the place where virtually all Red Faction community activity is organized - including game night events, competitive matchmaking, and mod development initiatives - so feel free to drop by!
Additional useful resources:
- Red Faction Console Commands - Complete listing of all available console commands in Red Faction.
- Red Faction Command Line Parameters - Complete listing of all available command line parameters in Red Faction.
- Red Faction Settings - Breakdown and explanation of all available Red Faction and Dash Faction settings.
- RF1 Editing Main Page - Comprehensive community knowledgebase on custom level creation via the Red Faction Level Editor, and modification development.
- Red Faction Multiplayer Guide - Overview of the most important aspects of RF multiplayer.
- Red Faction FAQ - FAQ providing answers to common questions and solutions to common issues.
- FactionFiles.com - FactionFiles community file host, offering thousands of custom maps and mods.