Demons of the Badlands
Demons of the Badlands is the first Red Faction: Guerrilla DLC pack to be announced. It was released on August 13, 2009 on the Playstation Network and Xbox Live at a price of $9.99 (or 800 Microsoft Points). Demons of the Badlands is included stock with the PC version of Red Faction: Guerrilla.
Demons of the Badlands will feature a single-player mission arc that takes place in an entirely new Mars landscape outside of the existing expansive world. The story is a prequel to the events that take place on Tharsis in Red Faction: Guerrilla, set a year before Alec Mason arrives on Mars. And, yes, this means you won’t be playing as Mason! Instead you’ll take control of Samanya as she fights alongside the Marauders against the EDF. There are 3 new missions in this expansion pack.
- Entirely new area with a new look and lots of new buildings to destroy. Featuring a new mission arc set in 2117, three years before the events of Red Faction: Guerrilla.
- Chomper – A fast dune buggy with two seats.
- Stomper – Marauder truck with three seats and a built-in turret.
- Punisher – The Maruader Walker!
- Spiker – Marauder machine gun that shoots rapid fire spikes that stick into victims / walls.
- Subverter – EDF submachine gun.
- Missilepod – Marauder rapid fire rocket launcher.
- Pickaxe – Marauder melee weapon based on the iconic pickaxe from the first Red Faction
- Impaler – Maruader spear like blade.
- Remote Charge – New Marauder version of the remote charge.
- Sledgehammer – This is the default weapon carried by Samanya.
Achievements / Trophies
- Bound By Blood – Complete Mission 1 (30 Points / Bronze)
- Family Vengeance – Complete Mission 2 (40 Points / Silver)
- A Greater Purpose – Complete Mission 3 (50 Points / Silver)
- Deliverance Defender – Complete all Marauder actions (20 Points / Silver)
- Tumbling Down – Pro time on all Demo Masters and Transporters (10 Points / Bronze)
- Mobile Bombs – Destroy 100 EDF vehicles (10 Points / Bronze)
- Structural Integrity – Destroy all medium and high priority targets (30 Points / Bronze)
- Purge The Valley – Break the EDF control of Mariner Valley (30 Points / Bronze)
- Ares’ Bloodlust – Destroy the 4 Marauder War Totems (20 Points / Bronze)
- The Power Of One - Collect 75 Marauder power cells (20 Points / Bronze)
- If you look inside any of your weapon lockers in any of the two bases in Mariner Valley you can see a picture of a "naked" girl (she's wearing a belt). The identity of the girl was revealed by Volition on the Red Faction Community Forum to be Shaundi, a character from Saints Row 2.
|Red Faction - Red Faction II - Red Faction: Guerrilla (Demons of the Badlands) - Red Faction: B.E.A.S.T. - Red Faction: Armageddon|